Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Remodel Chronicles- Part 1 (Before)

Summer is finally here. How can I tell? I drank a hot cup of coffee (teachers develop a taste for lukewarm coffee since it takes a whole day to finish a cup), I'm still in my PJ's, I got to watch the Live with Kelly, and I have time for a blog post!

It has been four months since I last posted here, how can that be? I had such high hopes to be able to blog regularly, since writing is like therapy for me! Maybe I should have been blogging because then I would have rationalized the incredibly ambitious remodel we have begun. Although, the picture I see when I walk into the dusty, open room that is now our kitchen would have talked me back into it. Actually, that picture looks a lot like this:
island instead of L-shape
Our Inspiration Picture
via

I can't wait to post an After picture like this! Before pictures are sad, During pictures make me tired, but the After is where it's at.
*    *    *
So, as to not put the cart before the horse, or the wood floor before the orange shag, here are the Before pictures to show where we began...

Kitchen & Mudroom
Kitchen Sink Area
Kitchen Peninsula
Pantry
Pantry

Kitchen & Dining Room
Dining Room
Dining Room
Doorway to Dining Room

Fun Features to Note:
  • Blue flowery wallpaper- reminiscent of my grandma's blue German plates! I kept a piece of it to show proof of its awesomeness!
  • Orange carpet- actually, it's reddish in some areas, yellow in others, and not the original flooring- it's actually sitting on some linoleum that wasn't all that bad!
  • Brown paneled walls- darkness descended even with the giant sliding glass door!
  • Brown appliances- original to the house, push-buttons instead of dials

Up Next: The Remodel Chronicles- Part 2 (The Early During Pictures)







2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "inspiration" kitchen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see this kitchen complete!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete